Monday, April 28, 2008

Waterloo Half Marathon





I entered Waterloo Half Marathon race - 13 km of route in scenic rural setting through Mennonite country with Scottish Pipers throughout the course.




It was advertised as flat and downhill for the first 6 km - then a rolling, scenic, country-side run for 13km. I started slightly faster for the first 6 km trying to bank extra time on the flat part expecting to slow down on hills. Hills weren't that difficult - I didn't slow down on those either.





It was my final test in a race settings before Mississauga Marathon. I am not very happy with my pacing I would prefer 4:57-4:58 min/km. My strategy for Mississauga will be similar I will go faster on the first downhill part and I will try not to lose to much in last 10K of gently rolling hills. I was running those hills last year in my 10K race there and I was surprised - from the elevation profile, which I have checked before the race it seemed as downhill path, but those hills were demanding, at least for the fast pace of 10K race.



Results

..

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home