Sunday, October 14, 2007

World Wide Half

I have completed my part of World Wide Half today.

The Phedippidations World Wide Half Marathon is a free, non-commercial event where everyone is invited to register, train and run in the spirit of friendship. The rules are simple - run your choice of an official road race, or your own personally organized event on or about the weekend of October 13th and 14th and post the result.

The race started for some people on 7th of October, as official races from the last week were eligible. It was truly international event with people from UK, Netherlands, Poland, Cameroon, Malaysia, Australia and many other including Canada and majority from the USA

The run I have chosen is the long run I am running in preparation for HM in Niagara Falls. My schedule calls for 12 miles run: 6 miles easy and 6 miles at goal pace plus 20 to 30 seconds. I rounded the 12 miles (19.31 km) to 21.1 km and run it in Burlington and Hamilton, running partially on the rolling hills of ATB race. I have run the first 10 km in 55:05, second 10 km in 48:34 and the reminder as a cooldown in 6:30. Total time 1:50:09. This is my first semi-official half and PB.

According to McMillan, based on my 5K, I should be able to run HM at 1:39:23, so I will try for 1:40 in Niagara Falls. This is very challenging goal.

It feels great to know that you are running race with people from so many countries:


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home